Sunday, July 16, 2017

Photography


Just grab your camera and go!

I am an amateur photographer using a Pentax K100D digital camera and Windows Live Photo Gallery for editing. I prefer shooting things over people (with a camera, I mean). Old rusty cars don't complain that the picture makes them look old and mountains don't moan that they look fat in the picture.


One of my favorite things about my road trips is that I never know what I'll find. Why was that '57 Chevy left in the pasture to rust? Who built the weathered farmhouse leaning longingly towards the ground? They both have stories to tell - laughter, tears, fear. I'd love to know what secrets they hold. That curiosity is what drives my road trips.

Update: On a recent trip, my camera was showing its age. My photos were turning out so bad I found myself using my IPhone for the majority of my photos. I finally decided it was time for a new one, so I stopped at a Best Buy in Kalispell, Montana and bought a Nikon D3400. My editing programs are still pretty basic, but I'm learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment