Sunday, July 16, 2017

Who am I?

No, my name is not Agnes.

Then who are you?

I'm a 50 year old art teacher who loves to take road trips. My favorite thing to do is to grab my camera, jump into my 2003 Toyota 4Runner (236,000+ miles and counting!), and go off on an adventure. As I travel, I highlight the roads I take in a beat up old atlas, always trying to take a road I've never been on before. You never know what you might come across when you take the road less traveled. So far, my road trips have been limited to the states surrounding my home state of Oklahoma. Hopefully that is about to change!

Oh, by the way, my name is Kelli, not Agnes.

If you aren’t Agnes then…why is it “Agnes Takes a Road Trip”?

For quite some time, I have wanted to create a travel blog. Coming up with a name, however, has been difficult. As a lover of words, I did a lot of research on travel related words, even looking to foreign languages. Unfortunately, most of the words I came across reminded me of a sound you make when you cough and sneeze at the same time. I decided to enlist the help of my mother who is also a lover of words. After a couple of hours, a few glasses of wine, and numerous pages in the dictionary and online, I was ready to give up. We hadn't come up with anything remotely interesting. All of a sudden, she looks up from the dictionary and says, "Agnes Takes a Road Trip". That was it. It was perfect! She quickly said I could, of course, choose another name besides Agnes, but I told her that it had to be Agnes. So, "Agnes Takes a Road Trip" was born. It was exactly the type of name I wanted for my travel blog. We were both giddy. Of course, it could have been the wine, but mostly it was knowing that she had come up with the perfect name for my travel blog.


I hope you'll join me as "Agnes Takes a Road Trip" and enjoy it as much as I do!   

(Note: I originally bought a domain name and had a real website for "Agnes Takes a Road Trip". This information is from that website that I created earlier in the year. I have since learned that working with a website is NOT a strength of mine, so I'm back to a familiar format using Blogger. Now, I'm trying to update my travels on THIS site!)

No comments:

Post a Comment